Thursday, August 31, 2023

Metamorphic vision

                                It is human nature to comprehend things as it appears, while to get to its essence, it needs more attention in depth. Though our five senses are the means to experience this world or life, sometimes one has to go beyond these aspects to live life completely as these sensory objects or feelings are not fulfilling or full-proof. 

                                I had such a learning in recent times. One morning, while doing puja, I just observed that the flame of the oil lamp was shining so brightly as if twinkling like a star with its radiance so bright and intense. In fact moments ago, I had an overwhelming feeling of gratitude that my eyes were brimming with tears of intense love and grace. So with my vision already blurred being flooded with teardrops in my eyes, I could have that twinkling effect of flame spreading its rays in all directions. It was outstanding spectacle of  Divine Light!

                                I was wondering if I could have ever witnessed this spectacle of  Bliss, had it not been my blurred vision. I got a revelation of Universal Truth that the purest form of bliss can be experienced beyond our limited five senses. 

                                In a recent conversation with my friend, I gave the analogy of fever or an unpleasant event can serve as warning signal to prepare us for the forthcoming danger threatening us. It saves us bringing our attentionl to realise something is wrong and we need to set into action to correct or prevent further damage. So what appears with our logical brain as a threat or unpleasant can be a reason to be thankful for because it helps you to avert further unpleasantness with its knocking at your door to be aware. Like a fuse working as a safeguard for overflow of electricity protecting other equipments from damage as its snaps electricity with incoming excess flow. 

                                  It is not in the nature of events that unpleasantness resides but how we can percieve it makes a complete different scenario to be happy about even in case of worst situation. Like the example i mentioned above can be a saviour acting as a warning signal. So it is naive to blame fever rather to appreciate it as initiative part of taking corrective action.

No comments:

Post a Comment